Partner Douglas Halstrom to co-present NYCLA CLE webinar "How to Conduct a Deposition in a Pandemic: An Interactive Program" on February 22, 2022
On Tuesday, February 22, 2022, partner Douglas R. Halstrom will co-present a New York County Lawyer's Association CLE webinar entitled, "How to Conduct a Deposition in a Pandemic: An Interactive Program".
Earn 3 NY Credits: 3 Skills; Transitional and Non-transitional; 3 NJ Credits: 3 General
The pre-trial deposition stage is a critical point in any litigation. Indeed many personal injury and commercial cases are either won or lost during the deposition phase. Our panel of experts provides practical guidance, while teaching basic deposition skills, techniques for handling commonly encountered problems, how to use depositions at trial, how to seek rulings from a trial judge, and what you need to know about conducting depositions during the pandemic.
A demonstration of how to conduct a deposition will also be re-enacted.
Some of the specific issues addressed include:
- How to control a witness
- Dealing with evasive witnesses
- How to discover and authenticate documents for trial
- What objections can be raised
- When to prevent a witness from answering
- What to do when your witness volunteers information
- How to cut your losses in light of unexpectedly damaging testimony
- How to use depositions at trial to impeach witnesses, introduce testimony of absentee witnesses and place
- How to conduct virtual depositions
- Whether to conduct a virtual deposition … or insist on a live deposition
Visit the The New York County Lawyers Association here to learn more or to register.
Back to all Press Releases